General Session 5: Pancreatic Cancer—Real World Applications of the Data
Laura A. Dawson, MD—Chair, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Philip A. Philip, MD, PhD, FRCP—Chair, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University
Peter Allen, MD
Cystic Lesions: Early Diagnosis and Prevention of Cancer
- IPMN are clinically significant (if not common) cystic precursor lesions that increase the risk of cancer within the entire pancreas.
- Progression to malignancy strongly associated with inflammation.
- Certain patients with IPMN at extremely high-risk of progression.
- Chemoprevention strategies worth investigation.
Cristina Ferrone, MD
Massachusetts General Hospital
Sequencing Therapy for Resectable Pancreatic Cancer
Bassel F. El-Rayes, MD
Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University
Novel Strategies on the Horizon for Systemic Disease
- Clinical management still mainly dependent on cytotoxic therapy
- Unique subgroups: MSI high, NTRK, DNA Repair Deficiency
- Several promising therapies based on strong scientifi rationale
- Immune system: Combination therapy
- Tumor Associated Macrophages, Stroma Modifying Agents
- DNA repair pathway: PARP 1
- Cancer Stern Cells
Laura A. Dawson, MD
Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Current and Upcoming Clinical Trials